Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Surprise Birthday Party

Can I just say I have the best friends ever!  It is about midnight on Thursday, I am peacefully watching a movie with Stacy in our p.j.'s and I start getting some random text messages from Joy.  After a few inappropriate messages she sends, "be at your house in 10 minutes."  If you know Joy, when you get a message like that you can either believe it, or disregard it.  Seeing as we all work the next day (today) at 8am I thought she was kidding.  5 minutes later I get a text, "i'm here come outside."

I walk out to Joy's car and there she is with a Happy Birthday ballon attached to a box of milk duds.  All she says is, "get your stuff we are throwing a surprise birthday party for buffy!"
So I run into the house, tell Stacy the same thing and we head out at approximately 12:10am on Friday morning (buffy's birthday)!  We went to Wal Mart where we all picked out gifts for ourselves that Buffy got us! :)
Joy got the body wash she so desperately needed, I got the lip glosses and bobby pins I had been wanting, and Stacy got toothpaste that she was out of.  Dang, Buffy is such a practical gift giver!  Needless to say we were all super stoked about our gifts!!!
So next stop was to celebrate with pancakes, after all, it was technically Friday morning...


So we head to Denny's, the lady asked us how many, and at the same time we all said 4!  She said, "aw, whose birthday is it?" And again at the same time we all said, "Buffy's."  She started getting really confused.  So we started pretending Buffy was actually invisible so she wouldn't be freaked out. ;)

Thank you to my best friend Joy for doing that for Buffy (and me).  That meant the world to me.  And thank you to my best friend Stacy for celebrating with us!

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival."
C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment