Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Buffy RIP

Buffy Behunin July 1, 1977 to January 21, 2007
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/saltlaketribune/obituary.aspx?n=buffy-jayne-behunin&pid=86127464&fhid=4557

A little over four years ago on January 21st, my best friend Buffy never woke up.  I was about to leave for work when Buffy's mom called me.  She asked if I was still coming to see Buffy next weekend.  I said yes, then she said, "Rachel, are you alone?" "No, my mom is here."  She proceeded, "Rachel, Buffy died." Silence.  I didn't really understand what she had said.  Somehow I hung up the phone in total shock.  It really didn't hit me, I walked out the door and started heading for work.  About half way to work I realized what Buffy's mom had said.  My best friend had died.  I completely lost it.

For the next six months I would wake up in the middle of the night screaming for Buffy with the most horrible panic attacks.  My mom would come hold me until I went to sleep.  I kept seeing her laying in the casket, it didn't even look like her.  My brother Ryan, also comforted me a lot during that time.  I am forever grateful to my family for loving me and supporting me.  I have a great hope and faith that I will see Buffy again.  I know she visits me.  I feel her from time to time.  And she motivates me to do crazy things with Joy!  And just for the record she would have LOVED planking!






So in memory of my best friend on her birthday (July 1st), here are some pictures and memories of the last day I saw her.  The night before we did trainer for a day at Sea World (pictures below), she pooped little nuggets and got a Milk Duds box where she scooped her poop up and put them in the box.  She went over to her boyfriend Darren and offered him some Milk Duds, where he proceeded to empty the contents into his hand and just before he put them in his mouth she yelled, "Don't eat that, it's my poop!" SO FUNNY!  She also convinced me to pee on the furniture at the Hotel Del Coronado! I don't know how, but she did.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,

    I am not sure we ever met, but Buffy was a longtime friend of mine as well.

    I met Buffy when we were in high school and we continued to be friends long after. Aside from the crazy things she and I got each other to do I have a lot of other memories.

    Buffy was obsessed with the movie "Beauty and the Beast" at one point in time and made me watch it with her over and over. I used to love laughing when the Beast was being mean to Bell just because of how furious she would get about it. It was so much fun to tease her about peculiar things.

    I also get visited by Buffy and so does my daughter. My daughter was born in 2006 and had never met Buffy. By the time she was 2 or 3 she would be playing in her room and laughing as if there was someone in there. When my wife asked who she was playing with she said "My friend Buffy".

    There have been many times since then that she has confirmed things about Buffy with out being informed previously, such as Buffy's grave site.

    She still maintains at 6 years old that Buffy is her guardian angel. I have also felt her presence at times.

    We miss you Buffy. Thanks for uploading the pictures Rachel.

    --
    John Vigos

    ReplyDelete