Wednesday, July 11, 2012

How the Ms. turned into Mrs.

I have never been the kind of girl that grew up planning her wedding.  I wasn't against it, I totally wanted to get married, but I just didn't really put much thought into it.  

A week after I met William, the night of our first kiss (he he) I came home, opened a pinterest account and started planning OUR wedding.  I knew after ONE WEEK that I wanted to marry him and I finally turned girl and started the planning.  And of course he had no idea about any of this!  

  This is the story of the PROPOSAL!

The big diamond is a black diamond, the smaller diamond is a champagne diamond.  They are two separate rings, one band in gold, one in white gold.  

I knew it was coming.  I gave him my strict policies which were the following:
1. I must have a manicure
2. I must look pretty
3. I must have a cute outfit on
4. I must be surprised
5. There must be a hidden photographer (thanks to pinterest)
6. He must ask my Dad

Like most of you reading that he thought my list was rather ridiculous and putting too much pressure on him.

 I had a good idea he had a ring (I hacked his email account) but still wasn't EXACTLY sure.  

We had been on a week long vacation to Utah and during that time I got really sick.  We are talking the snotty nose, flem cough, watery puffy eyes kind of sick.  I knew that we were out of the anxiety range for a proposal so I could start picking my nails (I'm a picker) .  On Friday July 6th I ended my shift and he picked me up from work (my car was in the shop) and he had got me some medicine and orange juice for me, then proceeded to blindfold me.

I thought it was sexy ;), until the road started making me feel a little throw up kind of sick, and I started saliva-ing in a trash bag.  You know that feeling when you are about to throw up and spit keeps collecting in your mouth? I hate that!  Meanwhile William is singing the cutest songs to me :)



I want to point out that I DID NOT PEEK the entire drive which is extremely against my nature.  

We get out and he takes off my blindfold, but I still have to keep my eyes closed.  And he walked me to some location where we ended up sitting down on a bench (still with my eyes closed).  He tells me he is going to sing me our song.  And he does, but towards the end of the song it starts talking about wearing a ring and he leaves me side.  At this point I KNOW he is on his knee in front of me.

I start freaking out in my mind and refuse to open my eyes because I was so sure he was proposing and I didn't know what to do or where we were or what was going on (and I knew I was not looking good I mean he wiped a booger out of my nose before we sat down)!

I finally opened my eyes to my DREAM RING being put on by my finger by my DREAM MAN and I look around and we are at the LDS San Diego Temple (the place where we had our first kind-of date and possible DTR ((define the relationship)).  

Me:
OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!


William:
You haven't responded yet
Me:
Oh ya! YES!  OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!


And then I fell on the ground into the fetal position.

After some calming down, we headed to this AMAZING restaurant on top of a cliff in La Jolla overlooking the ocean :) 

So lets talk about the previous rules I mentioned. 
Manicure: Done. (Thanks to Jessica E. at Murrieta Day Spa who shellaced those babies)
Looking Pretty: NNNNOOOOO!
Cute Outfit: HECK No!
Surprised: COMPLETELY
Hidden Photographer: Technically no, but he had also purchased a tripod and with a little self timer action was able to get some shots :)
Permission from Dad: He asked my Dad in Utah and nearly crapped his pants three times in the process LOL

I would not have changed a thing, not even my outfit.  I LOVED it so much!  I feel so blessed to have William in my life.  I know that no matter where I was in the world, we would have found each other as cheesy as that sounds.  I am complete when I am with him.  I could not have imagined, or pinterested or designed a better man.







6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So happy for you. The engagement story is very cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww so cute! I have a few of the same rules as you, a manicure is a must!! I am so happy for you Rachel he sounds amazing and I am sure you guys are going to have a wonderful love filled life together. Congrats! xoxo -andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so does this mean you guys are getting close?! you don't have to answer that, but i am beyond excited if you are! how is the east coast?

      Delete
  3. Congrats!! Every women should have a romantical moment that is totally out of her control... surprises keep your love new and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahaha pinterested a better man.

    ReplyDelete