Tuesday, July 31, 2012

San Diego Zoo Mishap

When I saw that I could get annual passes to the San Diego Zoo on Living Social for half off you better believe I put my credit card information in!  

And the date began.

You know how it takes so much time to leave the house when there are kids?  Well its just as hard when its just William and I.  Hopefully its something we will work on ;)

Either way we made it out of the house finally with a cooler filled with fruit and sandwiches etc.  (and a newly remastered playlist on my ipod AND iphone so we can play it while laying out at the beach)

 The beach picnic was AWESOME! And having our music made it even better!  

Look at that face!  Just makes you want to pinch those cheeks.
 And this picture makes you want to blot that face with oil absorbing papers.

So we laid out until I felt like I was so tan.  It wasn't until we got to the zoo that I realized I was still super white.  Whaaa.

And this is where the mishap begins.  Look at the two of us so excited to spend the rest of the day at the San Diego Zoo!
 Well after about 45 minutes of being transferred to all sorts of different lines and customer service people, someone finally had the courage to explain that the tickets we were presenting them were for the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.  What the heck?!  Tell me I'm not the only idiot that made that mistake!  Screw you Living Social!  I have been tricked!  And it would be totally fine if it was across the street, but we are talking another 45 minutes away!!!

So we decided that we would still go to the zoo only we weren't going to pay for tickets.
So this is us in front of the sign.  Oooohh....Ahhhhh....
And look!  We SPOTTED a leopard!  We didn't get too close though, we know they could be vicious. 
 And then we saw a decapitated bird.  We don't understand why they would showcase this.  We are thinking about contacting the zoo manager and complaining.  Maybe they will "refund" our tickets.
I touched a snake.  I was so scared!!!  But I felt like Britney Spears when I did.
 We went on a couple rides, this is when William was riding the mechanical bull.
 I was taking a picture of William and then suddenly this frog jumped so high it nearly hit his head!!! I can't believe I caught it in a picture!!!
 I wasn't tall enough to feed the monkeys.  Maybe next year...
 There was tons of SCAT everywhere!  This one William thought tasted like it came from a giraffe.
 After we spent the rest of our afternoon at the zoo, we headed to the gas lamp.  We had dinner and diet cokes (I got crazy with a regular coke) at the Shout House.  And then walked around downtown for a while.
 I had so much fun with him!  I am super deeply, tremendously in love.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment