Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Best Date to Date

William and I decided we wanted to do more special dates with each other.  (Thanks to one of my top love languages) :) And we decided we would take turns in the asking, planning and executing of the process.  They can be simple or extravagant and we don't have a set date for them.  

I got an email at work earlier in the week from him saying that I couldn't make any plans on Saturday and to be ready by 10am and don't eat breakfast.  He even gave me what kind of clothes to pack and added a "do not be too excited disclaimer" lol.  

Saturday he arrives at my house with these:
Flowers and a picture frame.  Don't forget these items as they will come into play later in the date.

We go to Jamba Juice and get smoothies and breakfast twist thingys that are divine and head to the pool to work on the golden brown tan ;)

After we could noticeably see tan lines it was time for the next step where we changed into the "workout clothes" portion and headed for a picnic and hike!

He had made bomb sandwiches, pasta salad, grapes, and a ding dong (which he realizes were both just for him as those things are naaaassssty.)


This is just before our hike.

So on our way to the hike we went further than where we were going to stop on accident and by doing so, saw this white older van with this guy shaving outside of his car.  Kind of weird but we figured he was just some mountain man that liked a clean shave to not look suspicious and we ended up eventually turning around and going back to the original trail head never seeing him again.  

Keep in mind our picnic lasted about 45 minutes, so it was about an hour since we last saw him miles away on the side of the road.  But then just as we were about to leave on the hike he pulls into where we had parked and is just standing outside his van like a true killer.  

William was so excited to go on the hike and I was like there is NO WAY that guy is a killer and he is going to kill us and he was shaving to look like he wasn't a killer.  William said I was being paranoid and he was just a mountain man and he wasn't a killer because there was a dog in the van.  

I obviously didn't listen because I KNEW he was a killer, and even if William could protect me either 1. he would die protecting me and I wasn't happy about that or 2. he would wait until we went on our hike, syphon our gas so we had to walk back to to civilization and kill us on our way.  Needless to say we didn't go.  So if anyone went missing around Tenaja Falls I know who stole/murdered them.

Next on the list that he had planned was a delicioso dinner.
Right before dinner I found his secret notes of the date that he had been planning that whole week!  So cute!!!  He even had little lists of supplies he would need.  I think finding this note was my favorite part of the whole day :)
 After dinner we went to see the new Avengers movie that was stupid, yet entertaining.  I give it a 6.5/10.
 We got out of the movie around 1:30am and usually at that time at night its pretty standard that we say our goodbyes and go home.  But for some reason he kept telling me he wanted to come inside for a little bit, which I thought was kind of weird but was excited for the extra couple minutes to be with him so I agreed to the after hours visit.

Earlier that morning he gave me that picture remember?...well he told me he put multiple pictures of us in it and wanted me to see them.  So I open the back of the frame to find...
An envelope containing two tickets to see the musical WICKED!!!!   

I am so excited!  I have been wanting to see that FOREVER!

I had so much fun not worrying about any of the plans and just being able to enjoy the different activities with him and being surprised each time.  I feel so lucky to have such a great man.  I love him end of story.  
XOXO

3 comments:

  1. What a guy for sure...he makes me look bad and I was his trainer!!! This isn't supposed to happen. BTW, did he start going by William on his own, or is that what you prefer? I am acustomed to Craig, and he is perhaps the funniest person on this planet. We were companions for 4.5 months and there was never a dull moment. I love Craig or William if you prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya he's the man, but i didn't know he learned how to be awesome on his mission, i always thought he was born with it and further developed it by going through life experiences ;) i started calling him william, as well as sexy beast, tiger, and some other ones that is not appropriate to share publicly but i prefer all others to refer to him as mr. barnard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. Em. Gee. That is so freaking sweet!

    ReplyDelete