Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Date with my Mate


It was my turn to take my man out.  Since he is new to California and always talks about how awesome Florida was, (whatever you are in my hood now fool!) I want to give him a tour de California to shut his mouth.

If any of you have some suggestions of awesome things to do in CALIFORNIA let me know!

We had a quick breakfast at home before heading to La Jolla where we would be...dun dun DUN KAYAKING!!!!

Oh my goodness it was soooo much fun!  We went to the shop and paid for a kayak for two, then we go to the beach and they have everything ready for us there.



It has been a while since the last time either of us had kayaked and we were trying to brave through the waves to get in.  Well I had been wearing my (what I thought were cute and not expensive but not cheap) Steve Madden sandals.  And I go to get in the kayak and one of them sinks to the bottom of the ocean.  I am desperately trying to find my sandal as waves are crashing into us.  William is yelling at me to get in the kayak.  I am screaming that I was looking for my sandal that fell off.  He is yelling back that we would have to get new ones and they were haggard any way!  (ouch!)  He promises me that I can wear his sandals until we could get to a store to buy new ones so I get in the kayak :)

It was so beautiful out there, we didn't go to any of the caves, we just wanted to go far enough to be alone.  I laid down to get a tan while William paddled the whole time (hehe).



Two hours was the perfect amount of time.  Actually I am going to be honest and say an hour and a half.  I started getting sea sick and we were hungry!

We headed to the shore and we make it past the waves without tipping over.  (Which is the funnest part of the whole experience).  We hop out when the water is about knee length (for William, thigh length for me), and something happened where I was looking at William and laughing.  I think he had made a funny face or something when SUDDENLY a big wave came and hit the kayak which darted into my bum and knocked me completely under water being held down under the kayak.  The last thing I saw before being drowned was Williams face going from laughing to petrified saying in slow motion, "NO...NO...NO...!" With some slight smiles towards the end.  (He must have seen my pathetic sudden death face and couldn't help but laugh)  After finding a will to survive and making it back up to breathe, William was looking at me saying, "Tell me you are okay, tell me you are okay" over and over.  I assured him that I was okay as we proceeded to the shore while I was limping. 

I don't think I can describe the pain I felt.  My bum was completely injured and I could barely walk.  I would rather pierce my eyeball with a blunt needle then feel that pain.  (Disclaimer: that is an exaggeration.)  The only thing that got me out of my state of misery was knowing that I was about to purchase new shoes!

Here are the beautiful sandals I chose!


Then it was off to lunch.  The food looked amazing, but in reality it was made with an easy bake oven.  And the waitER had a huge crush on William.  I thought about getting jealous, but then I decided that it was actually a compliment as long as there was no touching. ;)




We walked around San Diego for a bit then decided to sit at the beach.  It was a little chilly which was a major bummer so we didn't stay too long and just headed home.



It took me three days to recover my strength, but I am happy to report that all is well and I have received control of my stool again.  Sympathy cards, flowers and gift cards however, are still being received at this time.  

2 comments:

  1. Hallelujah for your stool. Question: you said waitER. Not waitRESS. Is this the correct information? I love the first or second pic of CW.. He looks like a beh-beh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be correct mrs. latham it was a waiter. a male. a boy. a young lad. i am glad you like the pics of cw because he doesn't :(

    ReplyDelete