Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Week from HELL

Oh my gosh I can't believe I survived last week!  Here is the list of things I HAD to do, nothing on this list could be moved to the next week:

-sign lease with new renters for the condo
-after those renters fell through find new renters (in 4 days) to sign a new lease
-answer calls/answer questions etc./eventually pick the best one
-make new lease and have new lease signed
-finalize the rsvp list for Daniela's shower
-find chairs for 50 people! and tables
-purchase/make food for 50 people
-make centerpieces, pom poms and other decor for bridal shower
-move my furniture out of the condo
-clean out my garage in order to fit furniture
-work everyday until 8-9pm

As well as the stuff that normal people do on a regular basis that seems to be a constant battle for me:
Shower, brush my hair, get dressed, eat 3 meals etc.  I never really understood all that.

At approximately 9:00 pm on Thursday night I come home with the after math of what I thought was the most creative and thrifty idea ever to solve the centerpiece problem,
I saw beautiful flowers in a shopping center parking lot and I decided that I pay taxes, so I would cut the flowers and use them in my centerpieces... 
So the petals were falling all over the place, so what that the shower wasn't until Saturday, so what that there were bugs all over them and they were sticky, they were FREE people!

So after realizing that everyone was looking at me like I was an 8 year old girl that just brought home a lost dog/wolf with rabies, I explained how cute I was going to make them.

That is what began------"The Intervention".

Maybe it was the knowledge that I couldn't sleep at night, maybe it was the tears I was fighting back, or maybe it was the bugs and petals I was trailing in the house, but Diana looked at me and said, "I am doing the flowers."  Then Greg, Diana, Josh and William all went through my list and sorted out what needed to happen for me to survive and came up with a plan.

William and I left------The Intervention and went to my car where I began a mild dose of a panic attack.  It looked something similar to this (even ask William!):
Well that ended that day.  The next day, after meeting the soon to be new tenants and signing the lease, I came home to Diana and Josh's beautiful creations:
Diana and Josh got a bunch of vases, spray painted them and purchased all the flowers and made the centerpieces.  I wanted to have a panic attack of thanks when I saw them!

Then it was time to conquer the garage.  William decided that it was better for him to do it without me seeing how I tend to be a little attached to my things :)
                                                 

The next issue was the seating for 50 people.  I called my boss Monique and asked to borrow some of the spa's tables, chairs and tablecloths and...she let me!!!!!  So William and I (but really just William) came and picked up all of them and took them to the party location to be set up.

That night we had to make all the food for the party.  We were up until 3am making all of it!!!
My alarm went off at 8am on Saturday and it was time to do the last minute prepping for the shower.  Tarah came over and helped prep the last minute things and transport them over.  
And then of course it was time to set up everything for the shower.
The shower turned out really well and I got a chance to sit down a couple of times so that was nice :)
The shower ended at 2pm and we had the carpet cleaners scheduled to arrive at the condo at 3pm, so we had an hour to clean up, gossip, bring the chair and tables back to the Murrieta Day Spa and get to the condo to meet the carpet cleaners there.  
Lets be honest, if it was just me, there is no way that would happen.  (And check out that butt) ;)  
We were stressing, but we get to the condo on time.  Actually in perfect time to find out that the key I had didn't work, and my previous renter had forgotten to leave her copies in the mail box so I thought for sure I could break into the house and open it.
I couldn't. 
SO instead I had to call her to meet us and drop off the keys while the carpet cleaners watched us taking sad pictures of ourselves outside.
But even that got boring.
The key finally arrived, the carpet cleaners came in and naturally we headed off to the nearest Chik Fil A for our chicken, CHIK FIL A SAUCE and Oreo Smoothies.  
It got real serious. Real fast, when they left. We had to move furniture into the garage, clean up everything that was left, AND clean up the whole condo.  
And if you thought that it was easy, we were there from 3pm to 4am THEN woke up early to be there from 10am to 2pm the next day cleaning!!!

The keys were handed over at 2pm on Sunday and we were done.  We were finally done.  DONE I SAY! DONE!  

Well maybe there is still some aftermath lingering, but nothing a couple of massages and laying out at the beach with a virgin pina colada couldn't fix ;)

This blog entry would not be complete without giving a public thanks to everyone who took part in saving my life: Diana, Greg, Josh, Andrea, Ava, Tarah (and her mom), Daniela, Monique, Kristen, Miranda, Stacy, Joy, Lisa, and especially WILLIAM <3

My new to do list for this week:

-blog about Daniela's shower ;)
-blog about making the pom poms (so cute!) ;)
-blog about making the invitations ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment