Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Father's Day

I was really excited to celebrate our first Father's Day, so I started planning my attack back in May :)

I knew the boys probably wouldn't be able to be with William on Father's Day so I wanted to do something to incorporate them...

Well thank goodness there is some talent in my family that I can go to in my moment of desperation :) My sister Carly is an AMAZING artist.  She has competed in tons of art shows and people are buying her stuff already!  (she is not even dead yet and they are buying it!!!) Word to the wise: start purchasing art from her now, because you know it will be worth millions when she is dead (in a long long time of course) ;)

So I enlisted the help of Carly to paint (actually she did a charcoal drawing) of William and the boys.  Unfortunately she lives in Utah and the background wasn't done so we had to surprise him via skype:

My first viewing right before I would surprise him:

The photo she referenced:

And now the Skype Surprise Show Down Extravaganza!!!:



And of course we got to Skype with my Dad for a little bit to wish him a Happy Father's Day! (all while he was making dinner for my family on Father's Day)  I love my Dad so much.  He is really such an amazing man.  I am so thankful for him and how he raised me.  He taught me by example the qualities I would want in a man, which made it easy to spot out William (and William's good looks helped too) ;)

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to William and my Dad 

If you want Carly to do some work for you let me know and I will get you in touch with her to get some quotes!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment